Tupper & Reed

Art direction, branding, print design

The Tupper & Reed cocktail bar was commissioned by the city of Berkeley to pay homage to its historic downtown landmark – the Tupper & Reed music store – which opened in 1906 and operated in for 99 years.

The logo incorporates a typeface that references the original facade signage, a combination of an ampersand and treble clef, and the historic pied piper symbol which still stands tall at the top of the buildings tower. The 43-page menu contains a number of sections that are designed to resemble vintage music score sheets using a variety of flourishing ornaments, illustrations, typefaces, and colors to match the interior decoration of the bar.

LOGO AND TREBLE CLEF AMPERSAND DESIGN

Tupper & Reed Logo
Tupper & Reed Treble Clef Ampersand

FULL MENU DESIGN

Tupper & Reed Menu
Tupper & Reed Menu
Tupper & Reed Menu
Tupper & Reed Menu

SPEED MENU DESIGN

Tupper & Reed Speed Menu

ORIGINAL FACADE (ca. 1925) AND REVIVED SIGNAGE

Original Tupper & Reed Building (ca. 1925)
Tupper & Reed Fascade

ADDITIONAL SIGNAGE

Tupper & Reed Logo Signage

Painted by Eric Victorino

Tupper & Reed Balcony Menu